2013 Operating Budget Now Available
- Published on Friday, November 9, 2012 4:04 PM
Homeowners should have received a copy in the mail of the 2013 operating budget as passed by the Board of Directors. The Board has voted not to increase assessments for the 2013 operating year. The annual assessment for the single family homes will remain $1,092.00 with monthly installments of $91.00 and the annual assessment for the townhomes will be $1,308.00 with monthly installments of $109.00. A copy of the 2013 budget is available on our site: 2013 Association Budget
Holiday Trash Schedule and Winter Reminders
- Published on Monday, October 22, 2012 11:10 PM
Happy Holidays! As we all enter the busy Holiday season, we would like to remind you of a few winter related topics.
Thanksgiving Day; American Disposal is closed and no services will be provided. The missed collection will be made up on Saturday, November 24th.
**On make-up days, crews come through neighborhoods earlier than normal, please make sure to put your trash to curbside the night before.**
Yard Debris collection; Ends effective December 28th. If you have yard debris to be collected after this date, place your items to curbside on your 2nd collection day until yard debris season resumes the 1st week of March 2013.
Christmas Tree Collection; Christmas trees will be collected the 1st two Wednesdays in January (1/2 & 1/9). We ask all tinsel and decorations are removed. Please do not place trees in plastic bags.
Inclement Weather; Safety in your community is our primary concern. Roads and/or areas which are deemed unsafe due to snow or ice will be suspended for collection. If suspension occurs, services will resume on the next regularly scheduled collection day.
If you have any questions regarding trash pickup, please call ADS customer service department at 703-368-0500 Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM or visit their website at www.americandisposal.com. The website will provide updates on trash collection services delays and cancellations during inclement weather.
- If at all possible, don’t travel on the streets until the snow fall is complete and plows have passed through the community. Driving on unplowed roads only compacts the snow, making it more difficult for sufficient plowing services to be effective; this can lead to the need for additional equipment.
- Please do not throw snow into the streets when clearing your vehicles or parking spaces. This will increase the cost of snow removal, as well as block previously passable areas.
- Please shovel your sidewalks as promptly as possible for safe passage.
- Please assist in shoveling out fire hydrants for you and your fellow residents’ personal safety, as well as shoveling around mailbox clusters to ensure timely mail delivery. Contracted shoveling crews add to the Association expenses.
- Please clear the opening of storm drains of snow and ice to prevent flooding.
- Plows are dispatched to the community at approximately 2 inches of accumulation. Please do not contact Cardinal Management Group, Inc. for updates on the plow’s location.
- Inclement weather can cause delays or cancellations in trash services, please visit www.americandisposal.com updates during wintery weather. Please do not place trash out if you are unsure rather it will be collected or not. Cans block the plows and the uncollected trash can attract pests.
- Putting salt on road surfaces prior to a snowfall wastes time and money since the salt blows right off the streets. Salt is most effective after the snow has accumulated about an inch and the temperature is 20 F/-6 C or higher. Under these conditions, the salt and snow will mix, melting the snow into a slush that can be plowed off the pavement. This melting action will occur within two hours, less if cars are already using the roads. If the temperature is below 20 F/-6 C, the salt will not melt the snow and ice.
- The plows will not remove snow, only plow. When doing so, snow may get pushed behind your vehicle or driveway as the plow makes a path down the drive lanes. Please do not throw the snow back into the street.
- In order for parking spaces to be plowed, there must be at a minimum 4 consecutive spaces empty to allow the plow sufficient room to work safely. Parking spaces will only be cleared at the direction of the Board and Management.
Block Party on September 15th
- Published on Monday, August 27, 2012 7:46 PM
It is that time of year when school starts, the morning air is a bit more crisp and The Grove at Huntley HOA hosts the Block Party for the community! Mark your calendar for Saturday, September 15 and join us from 12:30 – 4:30 PM at the Pool House on Cyrene Boulevard and Audubon Meadow Way for a fun-filled afternoon of tasty food provided by Red Hot & Blue BBQ and Rita’s Italian Ice, sample your neighbor’s pies that will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges for the best pie and the happening children’s area complete with a bounce house, face painters, a balloon artist and other activities – all wrapped in the tunes provided by DJ Dano!
No parking signs will posted on Thursday, September 13 and will be observed starting at 7 AM, Friday, September 14 through 5 PM on Saturday, September 15. Towing will be enforced. Please observe these postings and comply with the notices.
Direct Debit Signup Fee Waived for August
- Published on Monday, July 23, 2012 9:12 PM
The Board of Directors and Cardinal Management Group, Inc. have coordinated a temporary waiver of the set-up fee to encourage homeowners to enroll in direct debit for their homeowners association fees at no cost to the HOA or you, the homeowner.
This program has many benefits to both the community and homeowners alike. While the program normally costs $15 to set-up, for the month of August all homeowners can enroll in direct debit at no charge! Direct debit will:
- Ensure on-time payments to avoid late fees
- Save time
- Save money on envelopes, postage and coupons
- Eliminate the risk of lost checks in the mail
If you aren't already signed up, download the Direct Debit Form [PDF]. Then simply fill out the form, attach a voided check and mail, fax or email (scanned copy) to Cardinal Management. All applications received or postmarked during the month of August 2012 will be free of charge.
Grove at Huntley Meadows HOA
c/o Cardinal Management Group, Inc.
4330 Prince William Pkwy, #201
Woodbridge, VA 22192
Note: Homeowners should continue making their monthly payments until they receive written notification of the effective date of the first direct debit.